Friday, January 25, 2008

Consequences

Today I went and picked up a few groceries with my kids. On the way home 3-year-old Elijah informed me he was thirsty. This is how our conversation went:

Elijah: I'm thirsty!
Me: Okay, we'll get a drink when we get home.
Elijah: But I'm thirsty NOW! (getting angry)
Me: But I don't have anything for you to drink in the van. You'll have to wait until we get home and then you can have a drink.
Elijah: But I need a drink NOW!!!
Me: There's nothing to drink in the van! We are just a couple minutes away from home.
Elijah: (pointing his finger at me and looking at me with a very stern face) Wait! Are you telling the truth or are you lying?
Me: I'm telling the truth!!
Elijah: Stop saying that! If you don't stop saying that there will be consequences! Capiche?
Me: (while laughing) Capiche!
Elijah: (calmly now) Good!

No comments: