Friday, January 11, 2008

Six Months and Counting

No. Our house has not sold. That is why we are still counting.

I'm tired of people asking. I know that everyone just wants to know. They want hear the words that I want to say. I'm at the point where I won't even be excited when our house sells. I actually won't believe it until the end of possession day when the money has crossed hands because I'm sure everyone who looks at our house just wants to give us false hope and then screw us over, offering us offers that our realtor refuses to write up because they are so freakin' ridiculous and would not afford for us to be able to get back into the market, or else saying they will come with an offer after they talk to their bank. Right-O.

I swear once our house sells, no one will know what to chit-chat with us about. For a while it will be, "How's your new house?" "How's the move going?" or "How are you settling in?" and then I'm sure people will just approach us, mouths open, ready to say something, and then draw a blank.

I must say that I have become ultra flexible through this all. I mean, I'm a pretty flexible person anyways, but now I'm ultra flexible. You could even say that that's one of my superpowers now, like that stretch-girl from The Incredibles, what's her name? Elasti-girl? Totally flexible. And now is when you hear my low chanting "Try to see the good. Try to see the good. Try to see the good. Try to see the good."

No comments: