Saturday, March 10, 2007

Parenting and Potato

I have decided to write a book on babies and parenting babies. I already have my outline. Take a look. What do you think?

Introduction - Welcome to parenthood. mwaaa haa haa haa haa.
Chapter 1 - Your baby is unique.
Chapter 2 - Your baby is different from any other baby.
Chapter 3 - All books out there on babies and parenting are useless because all babies and parents are different from one another.
Chapter 4 - Follow your heart while parenting because it is likely that all the [good] advice out there just won't work on your baby because s/he is not like any other baby.
Chapter 5 - You're on your own when it comes to being a parent.
Chapter 6 - The only 'advice' that works is to love your baby and err on the side of kindness.
Chapter 7 - Good luck and try not to screw up your kid.
Conclusion

I'm not sure what to call my book yet. But I'll keep you posted.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Toviel tried some pureed sweet potato today. It is his first food fed to him on a spoon. The only other thing he's eaten (besides paper) is avocado.

So far, Tove finds food revolting. So revolting, in fact, that he cannot eat without scowling, gagging, frowning, curling his lips up, and then eventually throwing it all up. All 3 of the teeny tiny spoonfuls of sweet potato.

I think he has sections in his tummy that allow him to selectively rid his body of things he doesn't want while allowing him to keep down the stuff he wants to keep down. He had just sucked down his sweet and delicious mama milk less than 5 minutes prior to being introduced to sweet potato. And as far as I could tell, there was no milk in his emesis. Just rejected sweet potato.

I don't recall introducing Elijah to food this traumatic. I remember he would happily eat it. Anything. Everything.

But Toviel is not like Elijah. Elijah is not like Toviel. And this is the whole premise for my book. When I get around to writing it...someday...
In the meantime, hit me over the head with something heavy if I ever give you parenting advice.

No comments: