Monday, June 18, 2007

Competition

Today was blood donation day. And finally, after a long period of time, I was able to join in.

Cris donates blood faithfully. I am not so faithful. My excuse for this is a valid one though, because you aren't supposed to donate when you are pregnant and there is a waiting time after you are no longer pregnant that you are not allowed to donate. For me, this waiting time is longer than average because my blood type is RH negative, so I have to get a shot when I am pregnant in case my babies have RH positive blood. This shot (Rhogam) is actually a blood product, so I have to wait a year from receiveing this shot until I am eligable to donate again.

Today I was finally eligable. I gave my 37th pint of precious blood. I was pretty proud of myself. 37 donations is not too shabby.

My bubble was burst, however, when I saw Cris getting his picture taken with a piece of paper saying, "Congratulations and on your 50th donation."


I used to have a competition with Cris (not really a competition though, since he didn't know about it) as to who could donate the most.

I was always 1 ahead of him because I donated the first time without him.

Then, my iron level was too low for me to donate one time. So we were par with each other.

Then, I was sick one time when we were scheduled to donate. Down by 1.

Then, a miracle happened and Cris' iron was too low, so we were neck to neck again.

Then, I got pregnant. And I was surpassed.

Then I got pregnant again. Now I am totally defeated. I will never catch up.

Oh well. I've been pregnant twice...grown 2 babies from 2 cells to almost 20 pound curious balls of fun. He will never beat that! I win!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
37 and 50 times donating blood. Keep up the good work. We are very proud of you two.