Monday, June 4, 2007

Incommunicado

Okay. Is that a real word? Incommunicado? Did I even spell that right? Incommunicado? Does incommunicado mean that I won't be communicating with anyone for a while? If it does, than I will be incommunicado for the next little while. Whatever. I don't have the energy to try to figure out if my spelling and word choices are correct or if the word I chose to use even exists. It sounds vaguely familiar to my fogged over mush-mind.

I'm totally excited because we are going to the Oregon Coast. How cool is that? It's totally cool, that's how cool. I can't wait to taste the surf and dig my toes into the sand. This is the first "real" vacation we have ever gone on. Well, I guess it's our second if you include our honeymoon to Edmonton (???). We have never gone on vacation where our destination wasn't to visit extended family. This time, we are only passing through extended family to get to our final destination. Don't get me wrong....I like to visit family. But every once-in-a-while (I guess that translates into every 10 years for us so far) it's nice to go on a vacation just with our family, and do vacation-y things like stay in a campground and at a hotel on the beach.

I bought Elijah some sandals a couple days ago and he immediately began his "I don't want to put my feet in the water" banter. And I'm pretty sure I can read Toviel's thoughts and I think I heard him say "Throw me in the ocean, baby! I'm soooo ready for it!"

No comments: