Sunday, January 14, 2007

Er...uh....thanks....I guess...

Yesterday we happened to be in Calgary so we decided we'd stop by our sick car and pick up some things that we wanted that had been left in it. We phoned our mechanic (Len) to let him know we'd be by and he said he was just heading out to "have a look at the car".

We arrived at his place about an hour after we phoned. Our car was running. The bill? $240.00.

Apparently we had miscommunicated with him and he thought he wanted us to fix the car no matter the problem. We thought he was going to call us when he figured out what the problem was before he fixed it.

I just hope Janie was worth the investment of that kind of money. I'm sure she is. She is like the energizer bunny.

The irony of it is that it was some module that had to be replaced. This is the 3rd one to be put into the car since the beginning of this decade. And we had a spare one in our garage courtesy of my dad, just waiting for us (when I say "us", I really mean "Cris") to simply and easily replace it. And this spare module is still sitting in our garage - I guess for the next time.

So, thanks, Len.....er.....uh....I guess.

No comments: