Monday, January 1, 2007

I resolve to.....

Happy New Year!!

Today is the first day of a brand new year. It is the day that most people resolve to change something in their life - to eat healthier, exercise more, watch less TV, and on and on.
I bet not a lot of people did what we did today.
We rang in the new year with some New Years cookies - deep fried, we chowed down on some chocolate cheesecake, which tasted surprisingly good to me since I have never liked cheesecake before, and then in the afternoon, we cooked up a 2 pounds of McCain fries, loaded them up with 1 pound of melted cheddar cheese, and ate almost the whole thing with more than 1/2 a cup of yummy Kelly O'Bryan's pacho sauce that we brought back home with us from BC.
And it was good.
So while most people were starting new diets and exercise regimes, we were stuffing our face with ooey gooey fried goodness.
I figure since most people's resolve peeters out within the first month or two, I'd be farther ahead if my resolution was to eat more fat and sugar and gain a bunch of weight. If I'm like most people, by March I will have completely abandoned my new years resolution. And in my case it woud be a good thing! Hooray for New Years Resolution failure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawnelle:
You are most right about all the N.Years resolutions folk make. We did not make any, either. We are just carrying on the same way with the Lord's blessings. So that is us. Happy N.Y. to you all.

white girl said...

hahahahaha I love your New Years resolution resolve and logic. Classic. How is the weight gain regimine going now that it's February.

I must say, that other than a couple of posts about sad subjects, I have been giggling my way through your blog.