Tuesday, February 6, 2007

First solids

Toviel is now just over 6 months old. He is not showing any interest in eating solids and seems happy and content to remain exclusively breastfed at this point. So I haven't offered any solids other than a piece of mushy broccolli that he promptly spat out after mouthing for a couple seconds.

Yesterday he was playing with a piece of cardpaper. He was putting it in his mouth, taking it out, looking at it, passing it from hand to hand, and making cute little gurgling sounds. I got caught up in doing something with Elijah and the next time I looked at Toviel he was covered in puke. Then he spat out a piece of mushy cardpaper. Cris commented on how his stomach knew that paper wasn't supposed to be there. I just said, "See? He isn't ready for solids yet." And I'm a little disappointed in myself that my son's first "solid" to hit his stomach was a piece of cardpaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's the cardpaper, mama?