Thursday, February 1, 2007

Get your own toys!!

Elijah loves the little hotwheels and other little vehicles. And his infatuation is contagious. I often find myself looking at hotwheels in the stores and thinking, "Oooooooooo! That one is REALLY cool!" Just this last weekend I saw a Batmobile. And I bought it and Elijah added it to his collection.

Cris, Elijah, and myself have "tested" each vehicle to see which one is the fastest. We set up the hotwheels tracks down the stairs and race the vehicles against each other. So far, the fastest one we have is a black Ford F-150 truck. We are disappointed it isn't one like, oh, say the Batmobile. Every week or so we have these competitions and the black Ford truck always wins. And we know the black Ford truck will always win because we've tested it over and over and over again, yet we still continue to have these competitions.

We spent the better part of this past Monday racing cars and trucks against each other. Its great family fun. In fact, I think its possible that its more fun for Cris and I than it is for Elijah. I say this because Elijah got bored with the races and started driving the cars around on the race track that we were using to perform actual races. Cris and I both asked Elijah to please stop playing around at the bottom of the race track because he was wrecking our racing.

Wow.

How parental of us.

Elijah, stop playing with your toys! You're ruining our fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is so wonderful you and Cris are having fun with the cars/ trucks....racing and it is great that the black FORD truck is ALWAYS the winner. Wonder what a red Dodge would come in your races! When we find one we will buy it for you to try, 'cause I just KNOW it will beat the black Ford truck. Have fun! Oh, by the way, let Elijah play just a little bit with you two, OK?

white girl said...

This is why I have trouble playing with my kids when they are young. I'm anal about the rules, and get caught up in the game rather than the ideal of playing together.

haha...I'm laughing at the thought of you two telling Elijah to stop playing with is cars because he's ruining your racing. hehe!!