Sunday, November 19, 2006

Mommy Crack

Today I was at a baby shower. Babies are popping up everywhere. Or popping out, I suppose.

Well, it wasn't until I got a funny look from another woman that I realized what I was doing.
I was holding my beautifully precious new baby (well, 4 months old new) and sniffing his head. A lot.
sniff. sniff. sniff. sniff. sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif.
Then I was giving his head really small and really fast kisses. I was repeating this over and over, sometimes taking a sniff of his head while I was planting little kisses on his bald head. And upon realization of what I was doing, I just couldn't stop! I just smiled at the weird looks and continued on doing it.

Anyone who's had a baby knows this addiction. Little babies smell so....wonderful. They have that lovely milky smell. I even love to smell my little one's breath by sticking my nose right in his mouth. It smells....almost soapy. Milky soapy.
So yummy!

I tell you, it's Mommy Crack.

*sniff* *sniff* *sniff* *sniff*

No comments: