Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Have yourself a merry screaming Christmas

I think Toviel has it in for me. We are leaving in 6 hours to embark on our first long whole-day drive (9 hours without kids - who knows how long with them?!) with 2 children and he is wiiiiiiiiiide awake, cooing at everything, smiling and laughing at whatever he can, and screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaming when we lay down in bed.

It isn't odd for him to be awake so late. He is a night owl, and he comes by it honestly. But tonight to my delight he was asleep by 9 p.m.! At 9:40 p.m. he awoke and cried while I tried to coax him back to sleep for 45 minutes.
Apparently he was just "napping". I would have tried longer to get him back to sleep, but my ears couldn't take it anymore. Isn't ear pain and ringing a sign of irreversible hearing damage?

I am excited to demonstrate my son's screaming capacity to some of my family this wonderful Christmas season. It is unsurpassed! I don't know how he does it! And it takes next to nothing to set him off - a hat placed on his head, being rocked back-and-forth instead of side-to-side, the crinkle sound of a crinkle book when he's not in a crinkle mood, and so on.

Cris says Toviel's going to be told all his life that he's too loud. I think he may be right. Like father, like son. (although Cris doesn't scream and is not at all finicky!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I certainly enjoy reading your blog, Dawnelle. Keep up the good and funny recipe.