Tuesday, December 5, 2006

What's Up, Chuck?

My first born is still sick. Food is coming out where it normally just goes in, and food is coming out frequently where it normally comes out only once a day. Poor little guy.

This morning he refused to nurse. That's when I got real concerned. (That, and he hardly had the strength to talk or walk.)

Yes. Elijah, now just over 2.5 years old is still nursing. And no, he is not weird and neither am I. And yes, there is enough breastmilk for the infant nursling. He is almost 15 pounds at just 4 months. But I will rant on about that in another blog entry.

So we trapsed on over to Alberta Children's Hospital. The brand new one. We didn't see much of it, but talk about wonderful staff. If I ever have to go to the hospital I want to go to that one. Do you think they'd take me?

We waited for about 3 hours just to hear that I was doing everything right and not to be concerned that this has been going on for 5 days. Apparently that is completely normal. Why didn't the Health Link nurse tell me that? Because they don't want to be liable, that's why. Every time I've phoned Health Link, I get the same answer....I should go to emergency to get checked out. Health Link Schmelth Link.

Elijah fell asleep on the floor tonight around 7 pm - three hours earlier than normal. And Toviel loves his big brother so much that he joined him not too long after that, waking just a couple times for a snack from the 24-hour milk bar.

So Cris and I have had an amazing, well needed, almost kid-less evening. We popped popcorn, ate some candy, watched an episode of CSI that I recorded weeks ago and haven't had the chance to watch, kissed a lot......and.....*stuff* like that.

When the kids are away, the adults will play.

No comments: