Thursday, December 14, 2006

My dependancy

I never realized how dependant I was on my baby sling until I found myself at Superstore yesterday with NO sling.

I was paralyzed with panic, unable to move, as I thought over and over again, "How could I do this? How could I forget my sling?"

I had to take deep breaths. Deep deep breaths.

We survived...even though I was ridden with guilt at having to leave Toviel strapped in his carseat, staring at the boring ceiling for almost 2 & 1/2 hours with just a small nursing break inbetween (remember we have an hour of driving just to get the groceries and return home). Poor little fella.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about being lost without your sling! I have been know to buy 5 yards of fabric from the $1 rack at Walmart to use as a wrap. I still take a sling wherever we go and my baby is 2 years old!

Dee said...

Hmph. I wish my 2 year old would let me sling him around. :)
It's funny because I DID go to the sheet section at Superstore to see if there were any opened sheet sets I could borrow to use as a wrap. hee hee