Monday, December 25, 2006

The Prophet Elijah

Merry Christmas!

This morning we all rolled dopely out of bed and headed straight for our Christmas stockings. It was an exciting time for us because this is the first year that Elijah really appreciates the festivities of the season, including the presents and stockings.

Elijah opened up his stocking and pulled out 3 wrapped gifts. (We wrap all the stocking stuffers because I think it is more fun that way.)

A little background:
Elijah is very fond of the movie "Cars". He has seen it several times and talks about it and the characters on it a few times each day. So we purchased 4 cars figurines (Lightning McQueen, Sally, Mater, and Filmore) for Elijah's stocking because we are suckers for that sort of thing.

So Elijah pulled out 3 very well-wrapped gifts. The first one he picks up and says to his dad, "I'm going to unwrap Mater, okay?" and he proceeds to unwrapped.....Mater the tow truck! Wow! How did he know? Seriously! How did he know? He didn't know I had bought these characters because he was asleep in the stroller when I bought one of them, and he wasn't with me when I bought the other 3, and they were all hidden very well before today.
Hm. Lucky guess.

The next stocking present he grabs he says, "I'm going to open Lightning McQueen!" I'm smiling because I know Lightning McQueen is in his stocking. He starts ripping the paper off to reveal.....Lightning McQueen!! Double Wow!!! What a smart kid!

The next present he says, "I'm going to open Sally, okay?" And what does he open? You guessed it! Sally! How did he do that?

The he reached into his stocking and pulled out some more presents. He opened up a couple hotwheels motorbikes and a really cool John Deere digger that I spent too much money on but thought it was really cool and just had to have it (for my son, of course).

The last present he opened he said, "I'm going to open Filmore!"

My jaw dropped! I was flabbergasted!!

First of all, he guessed each one before he even started opening them! And he guessed them all right! And Filmore isn't even one of the prominent characters! He should have guessed Doc Hudson, or Sherriff! But not Filmore!

How did he do that??

I'll tell you, I'm a little freaked out. He IS prophetic!

I just hope he doesn't call down fire from heaven.

1 comment:

Bryan R. Terry said...

Okay ... that's just weird. Maybe he guess by the shape and feel of the figurines? Just avoid any dark clouds for a little while...